HEALTHY TEXAS WOMEN
Healthy Texas Women is a program dedicated to offering women’s health and family planning at no cost to eligible women in Texas. These services help women plan their families, whether it is to achieve, postpone, or prevent pregnancy. They also can have a positive effect on future pregnancy planning and general health.
Healthy Texas Women provides a wide variety of women’s health and core family planning services, including:
- Pregnancy testing
- Pelvic examinations
- Sexually transmitted infection services
- Breast and cervical cancer screenings
- Clinical breast examination
- Screening and treatment for cholesterol, diabetes and high blood pressure
- HIV screening
- Long-acting reversible contraceptives
- Oral contraceptive pills
- Permanent sterilization
- Other contraceptive methods such as condoms, diaphragm, vaginal spermicide, and injections
- Screening and treatment for postpartum depression
This program pays only for the services listed above. If a health problem such as cancer is found, you will be referred to a doctor or clinic that can treat you. If you are pregnant, you will be referred to a program such as Medicaid for Pregnant Women. You might have to pay for those extra services
To learn more about Texas Healthy Women, please visit https://www.healthytexaswomen.org/htw-program.
Criteria for Texas Healthy Women
You can receive these benefits if you:
- Are a woman between the ages of 18 to 44 years old.
- Women are considered 18 years of age on the day of her 18th birthday and 44 years of age through the last day of the month of her 45th birthday.
- Are a woman between the ages of 15 to 17 years old and have a parent or legal guardian apply, renew, and report changes to your case on your behalf.
- Women are considered 15 years of age the first day of the month of her 15th birthday and 17 years of age through the day before her 18th birthday.
- Are a U.S. citizen or legal immigrant.
- Are a resident of Texas.
- Don’t have health insurance.
- Are not pregnant.
- Meet the following income requirements:
|Monthly Maximum Family Income
(200% Federal Poverty Level)
To learn more about Texas Healthy Women qualifications, please visit https://www.healthytexaswomen.org/htw-program.
For application assistance via telephone, call:
For application assistance in person, visit:
NEW BRAUNFELS FOOD BANK
1620 S. Seguin Ave.
New Braunfels, TX 78130