Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) offers nutrition assistance to millions of eligible, low-income individuals and families and provides economic benefits to communities.
Households who receive SNAP can use benefits to buy foods such as:
- breads and cereals
- fruits and vegetables
- meats, fish and poultry
- dairy products
To learn more about SNAP, please visit http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/supplemental-nutrition-assistance-program-snap.
Criteria for Household Income Limits
Gross amount of money a household can receive monthly & may still be eligible:
- 1 person household – $1,659
- 2 person household – $2,233
- 3 person household – $2,808
- 4 person household – $3,383
- 5 person household – $3,958
- For each additional person, add: $575
Among the allowable deductions considered are:
- Rent/Mortgage costs
- Utilities / Telephone
- Medical Expenses
- Paid court-ordered child support
Criteria for Household Resource Limits:
- $5,000 in bank account
- $15,000 vehicle fair market value
- Other non-liquid resources, for ex. your home and 401K account
- Children born in U.S. to undocumented residents may be eligible for Food Stamp assistance
To learn more about SNAP qualifications, please visit http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/eligibility.
For application assistance via telephone, call:
For application assistance in person, visit:
NEW BRAUNFELS FOOD BANK
1620 S. Seguin Ave.
New Braunfels, TX 78130